Jade Empire Special Edition is the PC-enhanced version of Jade Empire, the original game in the franchise. It contained all of the characters from the original and the Jade Empire Limited Edition game. The game also added a new transformation style, along with two new martial styles and weapon styles. It did not contain the Tien's Justice weapon style from the Xbox's Limited Editon, however.
Enhanced for the PC:
- Customizable, intuitive controls including support for game-pads and keyboard/mouse.
- Increased graphics resolutions and new visual effects.
- New monsters and enemies.
- New fighting styles.
- Improved combat AI and difficulty levels.
- New world map interface.
- An added playable character, Monk Zheng.
- New difficulty and ability to import saved characters in second play through (ie. New Game Plus Mode).
As a special treat, the Jade Empire Special Edition also includes:
- Full sized Jade Empire Special Edition poster (18"x24").
- Jade Empire art book.
Digital versions of the game, as sold on Steam and GOG, come with all of the enhanced in-game content, as well as the bonus art book and poster; however, these are obviously only available as digital PDFs, so collectors may prefer to buy the boxed copy of the game instead.
- If you pre-order the game, you recive a bonus transformation style of the Rhino Demon Style.