"Don't worry, Songtao. I'm doing everything I can to prove you're innocent".
- –Prefect Jitong
Prefect Jitong's duty is to ensure that convicted criminals in the city are sentenced appropriately.
The Prefect's DilemmaEdit
He is struggling to proved Scholar Songtao's innocence in his current trial regarding slave traders.
He has known Songtao for several years and is certain that he is innocent, but every time he sends someone to find proof, they mysteriously disappear. This leads him to believe that there are higher powers at work that are beyond his means to control.
The other man in his custody is Chandler Ling, suspected of slave trading. Jitong found a valuable knife in Ling's shop; a knife he had purposely entrusted to one of his men who has since gone missing.
A high ranking minister wants Chandler Ling released, thus convicting Scholar Songtao. Jitong will ask you to find proof of Ling's guilt, so Songtao can be freed. If you choose to accept, you will receive a quest called "The Slave Traders" (click the link for more information).
- Prefect Jitong is voiced by Sherman Howard
- He shares his character model with Scholar Dongow.
- His robe is identical to the ones worn by Scholar Songtao, Purveyor Shouji and (of course) Scholar Dongow.
- The hat he wears is even worse than Chandler Ling's.
- He is in dire need of hat advice from Sung Sui.